Thursday, March 26, 2009

Golden Girls

I have to confess a guilty pleasure. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the old 80's show... The Golden Girls. :)

Maybe I'm getting older, and it does my heart good to see older women living full and interesting lives.

I think it is mostly about the fact that it illuminates the importance of friendship in enhancing our lives on this earth. Friends are such a gift. Even in the most rotten and difficult times in life, our friends can make us laugh and see a brighter side of things.

We all have similar ups and downs in life. No one escapes hardship, heartbreak and tough times. We all have that in common. Sharing our sorrows helps us bear the burden. Our friends can remind us that we are wonderful people who will see a better day! Friends can help us see ourselves and our problems with more optimism and hope.

Sharing our joys spreads the happiness and lifts us all!

I value my friends more than ever these days. Knowing that people love you, care about you and support you is one of life's greatest gifts.

Let your friends know how much they mean to you! An email... a note... a letter... a call. Nurture your friendships! They are what makes life worthwhile!!

No comments: