Friday, June 25, 2010

700th blog

Today is a really big day for me. Today marks my 700th blog post! It is hard for me to believe that I have written 700 articles for this blog!

The achievement of writing this many articles is something that, when I started, would have seemed impossible to me.

The blog was undertaken as a writing discipline. I have loved to write for as long as I can remember. I wrote books as a child, and dreamed of becoming an author.

I still have, as one of my life goals, to write and publish one or more books. The blog was a device that would require me to write consistently, and practice the process of getting my thoughts on 'paper.'

I had no idea it would last this long, or affect me as it has. I've changed and grown in many ways as I've written this blog.

Perfectionism is something that I have struggled with a lot in my life. My attention to detail and my conscientiousness has taken me far in this life, but can also become a prison when it is taken too far. I most definitely had taken it too far in my early life, and have spent many years working to 'balance that out.'

Writing these articles quickly, and without tons of editing has been challenging for me. I usually want to polish everything I do before it is let out for 'public consumption.' One of my goals for myself with the blog was to just write, write, write and write some more, without worrying about it being grammatically perfect or professionally edited. It was more important that I just WRITE and get it out there. I've done that.

I love it when I accomplish things I never thought I could do, or go above and beyond my own expectations.

I simply took one day at a time and one moment at a time and kept taking the step that was in front of me to take.

My plan is to keep on writing, because I love to write. I hope that people find some inspiration or value in what I put out here, but even if no one does... I'm growing and expanding as a result of the 'practice' and the 'discipline' of turning it out!

Thanks for reading! I will continue to...

Blog On!