Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Restoration

I had a fantastic weekend! I performed a wedding and spent a lot of time with my extended family. It was tremendously fun, and it also left me feeling really exhausted!

Last night, when I finally got to go to sleep, I was really looking forward to it. I needed a good, long, night's rest.

That is exactly what I had!

When I woke up this morning, I had not even moved! I was so tired, I went 'out like a light' and slept deeply and soundly for the entire night.

I woke up feeling refreshed and renewed. I was ready to tackle the day with enthusiasm.

It is so important to allow ourselves the time to renew and rejuvenate when we have expended ourselves and our energy.

It is impossible to just keep going and going and going without letting ourselves reset and replenish ourselves.

I'm learning this more and more as I grow older. I am much more willing to take the time to rest and relax. I have learned the importance of balancing exertion and expending energy with rest and restoration.

Give yourself the time to relax and rejuvenate. It will enhance everything you do!