Thursday, July 01, 2010

Enjoy it Anyway

This past couple weeks has been kind of crazy and busy. Deadlines, unexpected commitments to meet, flat tire... you name it.

As a result, I've gotten behind in my schedule for doing my yard work. I have a large yard and it takes a lot of time and effort to keep it up.

Looking at everything I needed to accomplish I realized that I had to let go of my expectations with regards to the yard, and ease up on my schedule.

At the same time, some of my work related activities allow me to be out in the garden as I accomplish them.

In the past, this would have been difficult for me. Walking through the yard, it has been difficult for me to see anything except for all the work that needs to be done.

One of the things I've been working on myself in the last few years is learning to enjoy whatever is happening in my life, no matter what is going on.

This week, I have been taking little walks around my yard to break up my work sessions. I've been doing some of my work, sitting out in the midst of all the pruning and weeding that needs to be done.

You know what? It is totally possible to enjoy the beauty of my garden, even with all the weeds, and gangly plants about!

Things don't have to be perfect to be enjoyed.

You don't have to wait until everything is just the way you want it to be before you enjoy it.

Enjoy what is. Exactly as it is right now. Tomorrow is another day, and things might be different. For this moment, revel in the current state of affairs. There is something special in this moment, just as it is unfolding!