Friday, February 01, 2008

Eliminating Junk Mail

If you are like me, nothing seems more wasteful than the constant stream of junk mail that pours into your mailbox. I can't believe how much paper I end up recycling as a result of the unsolicited junk that is sent to me in the US Mail!

I have a rubber stamp that has a band aid over a tree. It says "First Aid for Trees: Please remove me from your mailing list!" I stamp that on pieces of paper, but mailing labels off offending junk mail and send it back to the sender.

There is also a way to let the bulk mailing houses know that you do not wish to receive catalog from vendors that you do not order from or do business with. Every couple years I renew my request to be removed from those mailing lists. That makes a huge dent in the junk mail I receive.

I wanted to pass along a website that has a lot of ways to reduce the impact of junk mail on the planet. It's important for each of us to do what we can do to reduce our impact on the environment and the planet. If each of us does a little, we can make a huge difference!

Do-it-yourself: Stop junk mail, email and phone calls

**My apologies if there are spelling errors in this article. I'm having trouble with the spell checker in blogger. Something isn't working right. This has been going on for a few days now!!

No comments: