Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sometimes You Just Need Chicken Noodle Soup

Last night, I had a very simple, old fashioned comfort dinner. I opened a can of chicken noodle soup. OK, so it wasn't the Campbell's of my childhood... it was an updated, organic version with thick, wide egg noodles, but it was still a soothing, familiar dinner.

Comfort is an important aspect of life. Sometimes we just need to be soothed and comforted in the midst of our busy, modern hectic lives.

I was in that sort of mood yesterday. I just needed to relax and return to things familiar. So, I opened a can of soup, heated it up and let myself sink into some nostalgia and days gone by.

It's amazing how powerful something so simple can be. When you've had a hard day or a particularly challenging event occur, find a way to be kind to yourself and sink into something soothing. Whether its a meal, a bath, a supportive call with a friend... find whatever it is that helps you regain your balance!

No comments: