Monday, May 03, 2010

Keep On Keeping On

"Never despair, but if you do, work on in despair." ~ Edmund Burke

Have you ever felt so bad you didn't think you could keep going... yet you did just that?

I can remember many moments and times in my life where I felt that I simply couldn't do 'it' (whatever it was at that particular juncture) and yet somehow I was able to do it anyway.

I like this Edmund Burke quote, because it reminds me that no matter what is happening in my life... I can continue to do what needs to be done.

Emotion does not need to dictate my level of functioning. I'm not an advocate of ignoring one's feelings, but neither do I believe that emotions should rule the day in terms of what gets done. If I lived my life that way, being an emotionally sensitive person, I would never get anything done.

Even if you are in despair, you can still do what you need to do. Be gentle with yourself, but realize you are more capable than you know.