Friday, February 15, 2008

The Wisdom of Yoda

I love to search for spiritual truths in all of the great wisdom traditions of history. I also am known to turn to philosophy, psychology and... movies for spiritual teaching.

Yoda is one of my spiritual teachers. Several years ago, I was given a poster with the "Wisdom of Yoga" on it. It hangs in my office as one of the inspirational messages I offer my counseling clients and visitors.

Here is the poster. Below it, I have pulled out some of my favorite lines to share with you.



The Wisdom of Yoda

Wars not make one great

You must unlearn what you have learned

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter

That is the way of things... the way of the Force

A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will

Beware of the dark side. Anger... fear... aggression

You must feel the Force around you

Size matters not

If you choose the quick and easy path... you will become an agent of evil

Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.

No comments: