Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ask and You Shall Receive

I'm sitting in a hotel lobby as I write this. My friend is still asleep in our room. I decided to let her have her rest, packed up my computer and headed to the lobby to write some articles and have my morning coffee.

Suddenly I realized that I didn't know what time check out was. I barely had time to think the thought, "I wonder what time we need to check out" when the front desk phone rang. The receptionist answered the phone, paused as her caller spoke and she said, 'Check out time is 11am.'

Now, while its true that many, if not most, hotel check out times are 11am, I was most amazed that at the moment I asked the question, the answer came! Indirectly, of course, as I did not speak the question out loud. To me, this is a sign that what we need is often available to us right in front of our nose!

I appreciate it when I can live in that flow of believing and knowing that what I need is there for me when I need it. It is a beautiful way to live to trust that what we need for the living of our lives is right there - waiting for us!

No comments: