Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Co-Existence Day

I had a neat synchronicity happen to me yesterday that gave me hope for the future. I was wearing a very neat pair of earrings that I purchased when I was attending One Spirit Interfaith Seminary a few years ago. The earrings are circles that contain 9 symbols of different spiritual paths/religious traditions. I love these earrings. To me, they represent the ideal of coexistence of all peoples and all paths on planet earth.

As I was driving along yesterday, wearing my earrings, I noticed that the car in front of me had a bumper sticker on it that said COEXIST. Each letter of COEXIST was formed by a symbol of a different spiritual path/religious tradition.

I got a little jolt of hope in seeing that bumper sticker while I was wearing my earrings. I do believe that a growing number of people are realizing that we are indeed all one family, and that the diversity of expression in our spiritual/religious questing is an asset to the human race.

I know there are more and more of us out there! It does my heart good to be reminded of that!

COEXIST!

No comments: