Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Devil is in the Details

Ever heard that saying, "The devil is in the details?" I'm a big believer in dotting my I's and crossing my T's. I think that it says a lot about a person when they handle the details of their business or their life with skill and competance.

I've had some recent dealings with professionals who have messed up things - really basic things in their work. It does not inspire confidence when someone lets things slide, or doesn't give proper attention to the finer points of their work.

If you want someone to trust you, it is important to handle yourself with consistency and competance. Little mistakes or oversights can cause big damage to the competance level you display to others.

I once heard a spiritual teacher say that "God will trust you with big things when you prove that you can handle the little things in life." I believe this to be totally true.

If you want to be successful and go far in your endeavors, pay attention to the details. Others notice those details - and it can make or break you!

No comments: