Friday, July 10, 2009

Accidental Solution

Have you ever gotten a note from your mailman? I've received many! One of my last ones asked me to fix a pothole in the shoulder near my mailbox. The mailman told me that if I didn't fix it they could stop delivering my mail. Who knew.

It was a frustrating and perpetual problem. I would take a metal rake out and fill the hole with gravel from my driveway. Within a few weeks, the gravel was pushed out and the pothole was back in all it's glory.

A few weeks ago one of the utility companies started laying a new pipe along the side of the road in front of my house. It was a mess. They dug a deep ditch and tore up everything to accomplish their goal. I found myself feeling irritated at the intrusion. I wondered what state they would leave the area in front of my driveway.

Just the other day, I made an interesting discovery. My pothole is GONE! It has been repaired by this most recent 'project' on the road! I was elated.

After a year of filling my pothole with gravel, it is now a non-issue. The problem was solved... by accident!

Sometimes I think I expect things to be harder than they have to be. This problem solved itself! I didn't have to do anything.

I wonder how often things might be solved if I believed it were possible to have an easy solution!

I'm opening my mind up to the possibility that things can come easily. What a concept!