Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Who Travels Together

As I mentioned, we lost several people this past week. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and also Billy Mays (the cleaning product pitch man).

Whenever someone I know passes away, I always pay attention to the other people that go around the same time. I find it interesting.

These four individuals went at the same time. Farrah was only 62, Michael Jackson was 50 and Billy Mays was also only 50 years old. All departed on the young side of things. Ed McMahon was the only one who passed at a 'ripe old age.' He died at 86 years of age.

I'm not sure what any of that means, other than Michael and Billy obviously came in around the same time and exited around the same time. I wonder about things like that.

When my own father passed away, it was round the same time as Princess Diana and mother Teresa. I used to chuckle to myself that he was off somewhere dancing with Princess Di (since he'd been sick for so long and unable to dance) and was also being lectured by Mother Teresa about his 'wilder days.' :)

I wish for all those who have recently departed a peaceful passage. The journey continues...