Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aloha!

Sometimes in life, you just have to take a break! I'm off today to Hawaii with my mother and niece. We're going to go do a little swimming, snorkeling, surfing and just plain relaxing!

I will be blogging while I'm there, but I will be on "Island Time." That means, I'm not sure I'll be as predictable as I usually am! It's time to bust out of the box for a few days and let the warm, tropical beauty of Hawaii work its magic on me.

The three of us will be spending some wonderful time together... and getting geared up for the "back to school" time of year. My mother is a former teacher, and I know that each August still feels like a 'revving up' time to get ready for the new crop of kids coming through. My niece will be starting back to school soon, and I, even though my school days are long past, still always feel like I'm 'starting over' in the fall.

These last few days of summer are an excellent time to rejuvenate and restore. I personally want to launch into my fall with more enthusiasm and vigor than ever before!

Even if you can't go to Hawaii... I encourage you to find a way to celebrate the last few days of summer and prepare yourself physically and mentally for 'a new season.' It's right around the corner and it's available to all of us!

Aloha!

No comments: