Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Enjoy The View Table for Goodness Sake

A couple weeks ago, I was staying at a lodge on Lake Crescent, which I believe is the most beautiful lake in the world.

Although the photos here do not do it justice, you can take a look at the Lake Crescent Lodge Website.

Of all the times I've eaten at the restaurant at the Lake Crescent Lodge, I had never been fortunate enough to get a window table, until this visit. My friend and I were given a beautiful window table for the breakfast that we ate on our last morning there. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the sunlight reflecting off of the crystal clear water.

One thing that I've noticed when I'm in places with a water view is how often people don't even look at the view they've been given! Often people sit with their backs to the view, even if they could sit facing out towards whatever the surrounding beauty is! I'm always simply amazed. Why would you ignore the beauty that is available to you?

I think often times we get so caught up in the day to day or the details of our lives we literally forget to look around. Or, in the case of a fabulous view table in a restaurant, perhaps we simply don't know what to do with it once we've gotten it!

I'm one of those who loves to stare out at whatever view I have available to me. It helps me think. It helps me connect with my present moment. It helps me forget my troubles and realize that there are many beautiful things in this life to be enjoyed, even when I have problems.

Next time you are given the opportunity to enjoy a great view, where ever you are, take advantage of it!

No comments: