Thursday, October 16, 2008

Put One Foot in Front of the Other

Once again I find myself reminded of the importance of taking one step at a time in the pursuit of any endeavor. It seems that, for me, this is an issue I need to be reminded of... over... and over... and over again.

I flipped on the TV the other day and found Deepak Chopra presenting a program on Public Television. I was only able to watch for a few minutes, but my 'personal message' was delivered.

The interviewer asked Mr. Chopra a question that had been sent in by a viewer. The question was something like, "How to I work towards fulfilling my life purpose?"

Mr. Chopra's answer was simple, yet profound. He said that the important thing is to spend some time each and every day working on something related to your purpose. Even if only 30 minutes. DO SOMETHING that is somehow related to your best understanding of your life purpose... each and every day.

This really resonated with me. Often we aren't sure what our life purpose is. We generally have some clues, however. I like the idea of taking the 'best' idea that we have about our unique contribution/purpose at any given moment in time... and do SOMETHING to take us closer to it.

We don't have to have a completely clear picture. We don't need to be able to see down the road to know how it all turns out. We simply need to put one foot in front of the other... and follow the highest guidance that we have available at the time. We will make progress and things will become clearer if we follow this path.

No comments: