Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Tea, Soup and Sleep

Yesterday, I felt like I was coming down with something. My first clue was that one of my lymph nodes in my neck suddenly became swollen and painful. A little while later, I was feeling nauseous.

I decided to play it safe. Being that we are in the beginnings of the flu season, I wanted to be extra careful.

I started tanking up on vitamin C. I drank a cup of hot tea. I sipped lots of water. I rested. Later I had some hot soup. Then I went to bed and slept for about 15 hours.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt better. Still not 100%, but better. I continued my regimen through the day. Rest. Vitamin C. Water. Soup.

I'm almost as good as new after that!

Respecting our bodies and paying attention to warning signs can prove to be really beneficial to us! It can save us a lot of time.

I'm grateful to be feeling healthy again! I appreciate that my body and I could work together to be good to each other!

Listen to your body. Respect it. Heed its warnings and its calls for support and nurturing.