Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jerusalem Stairmaster....

I am very proud of myself. This is the first trip I've been on here where I've kept up with my exercise! Not necessarily my weight lifting, but I've definitely done a good job keeping up on my cardio.

We all know how hard it is to make exercise a regular and integral part of our lives. Those of us who travel have an extra level of challenge in this arena. It takes a lot of committment. Exercise really has to be a priority!

Health clubs are not the norm here. I do have access to one at a nearby hotel, but it is rather expensive and I dislike having to go through security (to get into the parking lot, and then to get into the hotel itself) in order to workout. I decided to take walks in Jerusalem as often as I could, but I still needed something that would raise my heart rate. On my first walk around the neighborhood I'm staying in, I found the answer to my dilemma.

I call it the "Jerusalem Stairmaster!"


I go up and down this 10 times and walk for about 30 additional minutes. It is a great workout! :)

I've become a total believer in MOVING the BODY. I just don't feel right when I don't exercise! I never thought I would reach that point, but I really have!

If you aren't active, I encourage you to do what you can to increase your activity level today! Get your heart pumping and get your body in motion! You will reap far greater rewards than you can imagine!

No comments: