Friday, June 12, 2009

Hanging on for Dear Life

It was a windy day today. There is a beautiful tree outside the office I'm working in that is covered with lavender colored flowers. It is a stunning site to behold. This tree appeals to a little bird that looks somewhat like a hummingbird. I'm not sure if it is a hummer or not.

As I watched one of these birds drinking nectar I was amazed at his tenacity. The wind was blowing so hard that the little bird was holding on for dear life! The cluster of flowers that he was drinking from were bouncing around like crazy. That little bird just kept holding on and kept drinking nectar. He wanted what he wanted and he wasn't going to let a little wind stop him.

I was inspired by this bird. Next time I'm getting getting bounced around by the wind, I'll just hang on a little tighter and keep on keeping on!

Hand on tight and ride out the wind!