Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Going With The Flow

The past couple weeks, I have been experiencing the age old sentiment, "When we plan, God laughs!"

I had my summer all planned out. I thought I knew how I would spend my time and what goals I would strive to achieve.

Suddenly, an opportunity appeared to take a part time job that would satisfy a number of internal goals that I had for myself. Although I didn't relish the thought of working Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 4.5 straight months, I decided to take on the challenge. The money would come in handy, and in truth, I had some deeper reasons for thinking it would be a good endeavor for me.

Then, another opportunity suddenly appeared. To lead some tours for a tour company, here in the US. This is more in line with what I want to do in the long term, which is to return to leading spiritual pilgrimage tours to spiritually powerful places on the planet, especially the middle east.

THe last two weeks has been full of upheaval. Evaluating my options, making decisions, changing my mind, getting new information and changing it back. I've felt like I was on a bit of a roller coaster! Just when I thought I'd figured it out something would radically change and the landscape of my reality shifted completely. This happened about 4 times in the course of a week.

It was rather exhausting to have my plans batted back and forth like a ping pong ball. :)

In the end, it all worked out exactly as it should. In the grand scheme of things, I don't believe the universe wanted me to have the original job this summer. It is too far from what my purpose is. I still believe my reasons for taking the job were valid, but now, in hindsight, I believe my *willingness* to do it was most important. In my willingness I learned some important things about myself, and some people around me. I got what I needed from the process of agreeing to the job and then having everything change. Now, I'm free to go on with new and more relevant work!

I thought I knew what was best and I worked toward that. WHen the universe offered some divinely guided redirection, I willingly surrendered into that as well. It's the only way to fly, as they say. It doesn't mean we will always be comfortable, but it is the best way to assure that we will be following our true path and fulfilling our destiny!

Make your plan, do your best to implement it, and always be open to redirection!

No comments: