Thursday, April 01, 2010

Asking, "Where Did I go Right?"

I heard a song on the radio the other day that had a very profound line in it. The singer was looking back at his life and asking the question,

"Where did I go right?"

So often we are asking the question, "Where did I go wrong?"

The way the universe works, however, is that we get more of what we focus on. Shouldn't we be studying what we do that yields good results if we want more good results?

Now, I'm all for studying what has gone wrong in our lives, as a way of learning and growing (and hopefully avoiding repeated negative experiences), but I really was touched by this line in this song.

Let's give ourselves credit for what we have done right, and for the progress we've made. Let's study the relationship between what we've done 'right' and the results that have come from those actions.

Celebrate and replicate your successes!

Where have you gone 'right' in your life?