Friday, October 23, 2009

A Day Well Spent

At the end of a long day, where I've done my very best, it is a gift to lay my head down on the pillow and allow myself to rest.

I endeavor to make every day one that I can feel good about having lived. It's a great goal.

I honestly don't believe there is anything better than going to bed at night feeling I've done the best I could to make the most of the time I was given for that day.

How do you feel when you go to bed at night? If you are anything less than content and satisfied, it might be time to retool your approach to your days.

Try doing a day review at the end of each day to reflect on what you have done and accomplished. Think also of what you gave and received. Of course remember the moments you spent with friends and loved one, and the sweetness of those connections.

If your day reviews don't feel satisfying to you, then set about making some changes.

Life is short. The journey is sometimes difficult. One gift we can give to ourselves is the feeling of satisfaction in the living of each of our days.