Monday, October 26, 2009

Feeling the Support

I had such a great weekend. I spoke at a church in Oregon this past weekend. I'll write more about that later this week.

It was a great experience over all, but there is one aspect of it that was particularly great. I had 15 friends and family come to support me and listen to me speak.

I actually felt pretty overwhelmed (in a good way) to have them all there.

One of my cousins mentioned that he's never forgotten that I came to his college graduation.

This is what family and friendship is all about. Being there for each other during all sorts of experiences. Supporting each other. Celebrating together. Enjoying each other's company.

It's a gift to have people around you who love and care about you. I think it's important to receive that love and support and return it as fully as possible!