Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Believing the Best

When hard times strike, it is a true test of our faith. It is easy to believe that there is order in the universe when everything is going or way. When crisis comes, however, it is harder to trust that all is as it should be. Yet, it is at these difficult times, when it is most important to believe that everything is unfolding as it should, and that a better day is on its way.

I've had a couple friends lose their jobs recently. As difficult and frightening as this can be, in both cases, I believe that they can find much better jobs that compensate them much more fairly than what they had. I have NO DOUBT that this is the case. From where they sit, it isn't as easy to believe. From my more objective place, I see their blazing talent and abilities, and I see how they were being underappreciated and underpaid in their former situations. I'm excited to see them move into situations that value them more and show that appreciation in tangible ways.

I have my own challenges going on at present, and it is always easier to look at other people's adversity with optimism than one's own! I'm working on my attitude as we speak. As certain as I am that my friends will be better off in the long run, friends of mine would say the very same about me in my situation.

I truly believe that there is a higher power directing our days. I believe that even our hardest challenges are designed to grow up personally and spiritually. It's all in how we handle those challenges. Our perspective, attitude and expectancy are all important! We can live predicting doom and gloom, or we can live knowing that even in tough times we are moving towards all that is rightfully ours.

The best is coming! It might not be visible at this moment, but that doesn't mean it isn't on its way!

Believe the best is yet to be! Even in our darkest hour... the possibility of a better future is within our grasp. Sometimes our 'worst' experiences become our best. We just need to keep believing - even when we are frustrated and feeling defeated. The Universe has a plan for us. All will be revealed!

No comments: