Monday, December 22, 2008

When Discipline Counts

Sometimes in life, we have to do things we don't want to do. Sometimes we have to do things that we don't feel prepared to do. When life calls us to step up to the plate, we have no choice but to do so.

I'm amazed at how often I have to be forced to do the things I need to do. I resist. I say I'm not ready. I try to find other 'experts' to do things for me. I doubt myself. I often waste a LOT of time (and sometimes money) trying to get others to do the work for me... and finally... I face the fact that the task is MINE to do.

This past few days, I've spent about 40 hours working on something I entrusted to 'professionals' only to be horribly let down. Now, I've decided I'm the one to to it and I've finally embraced the challenge.

Thankfully, I am organized. I have also studied the subject at length for the past few years. Now, I'm finally launching into an implementation of all that preparation.

I feel like I'm on a good track and I'm going in the right direction. What a good feeling!

I'm not sure why some of us, especially women, doubt our abilities - even in the face of overwhelming evidence that we know what we're doing! I find it frustrating and at times, downright infuriating! I'm committing to letting that go!!!

Now that the majority of my 'chore' is behind me... I'm feeling quite grand! It is such a wonderful feeling to tackle something that needs to be done and watch it fall into place.

We all tend to underestimate our abilities at times. It is a great goal to set... to push through our insecurities and self doubt. The world is best served by us eliminating self doubt and insecurity!

No comments: