Friday, December 12, 2008

Signing Off From Jerusalem - Dec 2008

The time has almost arrived for me to leave Jerusalem. I just found out that my flight from Tel Aviv is 6 hours delayed. This will cause me to miss my connection to Seattle in Newark. That means I'll get to sit for 7.5 hours in the Newark airport to make the only possible connection for me. Hmmmm.... not exactly good news.

It also means that my flight will leave Israel at 6am instead of midnight. I was going to be at the airport by 8:30pm, now I need to be there by 3am. Ouch.

I almost returned my rental car a day early so that a friend could give me a ride to the airport. At the last minute, I just *felt* like I should keep the car. It was a strong intuitive hit that I might need the car. Now I do, indeed, need the car! I'm grateful for the intuition. It would have caused a problem for all concerned had I turned it in.

As it stands, I'll experience some serious inconvenience from this change. The weird flight departure, paying for an extra day on the rental car, the long layover in Newark and getting home at 10:30pm instead of at lunch time.

I find myself a little disappointed, but more than anything, I feel like it is all happening as it was meant to. I'm not sure why, but it's as it should be. I learned long ago to trust this sort of thing... no matter how it appears on the outside.

The car intuition sort of 'confirms' that this was 'destined' at some level. So, I'll surrender into it... and RELAX.

As a result of the delay, I'm getting to watch my favorite holiday movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" for the second time of this trip. That's a treat... and will get me in the holiday mood.

I also was able to complete a big work project! That was something I'd hoped to do while I was here, but wasn't sure it was realistic. Now... it's DONE!:)

As I prepare to leave Jerusalem, I'm a little sad, as I always am. I really do love it here. Just being here is a pleasure for me.

On this trip I was able to visit Jericho and the area surrounding the Sea of Galilee. I got to visit many good friends and catch up on their lives. I took 500 pictures of the kids I love here... and made my collages for them. I am so lucky to be able to come here and know all these wonderful people and be a part of their lives.

I'm going to post a couple of the collages I made here... of my friend's beautiful children.

As I sign off from Jerusalem, I wish you Peace-Salaam-Shalom.



No comments: