Monday, February 23, 2009

Preparing for the Journey

As you read this, I'm winging my way towards the Middle East. I'm off for almost 3 weeks to Israel and Palestine to visit friends.

The act of preparing for a journey is an interesting one. To determine what you need to take with you is an important aspect of the preparation. Planning for all the various experiences you may have can be a challenging task. Then... there is preparing the people and place you are leaving behind for your absence. Sometimes that is the greater task!

Tying up loose ends and feeling free to leave something behind is important to the process of moving forward. If we have unfinished business behind us, it is difficult to give ourselves over completely to the future as it unfolds.

I've been busy for the past few days, tying up loose ends and preparing for my departure. I'm leaving my home and family in good shape. I'm taking with me only what I must. My commitment is to be fully present with my friends in the holy land.

It is well worth considering as we move into new experiences, or into any new sort of endeavor or journey, how to best take care of what we are saying goodbye to.

The better we can finish things up, the easier it is to embrace what's coming next!

I'll be in touch as I take my journey the next 3 weeks...

Salaam-Shalom-Peace

No comments: