Friday, May 01, 2009

The Attitude Adjustment Hour

I was driving in my car the other day, listening to the radio, when the DJ reminded us that we were in the 'attitude adjustment hour' portion of their program. The phrase caught my attention: Attitude Adjustment Hour. What a great idea!!

I have been known to say, upon occasion, that I needed an 'attitude adjustment.' Usually I say this when I'm not handling something very well.

What if we could proactively adjust our attitude? What if we set aside a period of time every day to adjust our attitude and 'right our minds?' How cool might that be?

It doesn't need to be an hour... but I think it would serve us all well to set aside a few minutes each morning to 'adjust our attitude' and set ourselves in a positive and constructive direction for that day.

We could set our intentions for the day. What would we like to accomplish? Who would we like to see, influence or help? How would we like to feel throughout the day? How would we like to handle difficulty, obstacles, or unexpected delays? What attitude would we like to hold throughout negative situations? What positive character traits would we like to cultivate and practice that day? Patience? Calmness? Peaceful interactions with other? How would we like to feel about ourselves that day? Could we say some uplifting, confidence boosting things to ourselves about ourselves to feel more optimistic and positive?

As you can see, the possibilities are endless. It can be whatever you want it to be!

Give yourself some period of time each morning for 'attitude adjustment.' I think you'll be surprised at the powerful, positive impact this will have on your life!

No comments: