Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

First of all.... I'm back. Secondly HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's the first day of a new month, a new year and a new decade. What an opportunity for a fresh beginning.

I love the start of a brand new year. This one feels big to me because it also the start of a new decade.

I am writing to you from sunny Palm Springs California. Bright sunshine also inspires optimism in my heart. It is definitely a boost to my hopes and anticipation of this new year. I'm using this sunshine to fuel my desire to embrace this new year to the fullest.

Over the holidays I had a conversation with a young family member. She will turn 15 in 2010. She was saying how 'strange' it will be to have to start writing dates on her school papers that begin with 201. She only remembers writing dates (in her short life) that begin with 200.

It made me remember the 'turning of the decades' when I was in school, and the adjustment I went through each time I had to change the 3rd digit in the year. Then, of course, there was the 'biggie' when we changed from writing 199x to 200x. That took me a while to get the hang of!

Somehow these milestones of dates changing this way feels like a major transition to me. It helps me realize that something big is at hand when the years and decades 'roll over' from one to the next.

We have a major opportunity here. We can start anew. We can wipe the slate clean. We can let go of what has come before. We can forgive. We can allow ourselves to release what needs to be left behind. We can embrace the next happening. It's a new year... and a new decade.

365 new days stretch before each of us. What will they hold? How will we use them?

Each of us has the same opportunity to make use of each moment and live it to the fullest.

I wish you a powerful, productive and wondrous new year filled with opportunity and adventure. Seize the day... the month... the year... and this new decade!

HAPPY 2010!!