Friday, January 22, 2010

A Kick in the Butt

A few years ago, a friend gave me a little pillow for the couch where my counseling/coaching clients sit during their sessions. The pillow says,

"We all need a little push now and then."

Well, sometimes I require a swift kick in the backside to get me where I need to go!

I was feeling in a bit of a funk a few days ago. I was getting things done, but it was a bit of a struggle. I had lots on my plate, and it seemed daunting.

Then, with one request made of me, I switched gears entirely! The request caused me to kick it in to high gear and get busy! I had no choice. The request was something I really wanted to do, but it had a short time line attached to it. I sprung into action.

The most interesting thing, however, is that... not only did I get moving on the thing itself, but I suddenly was infused with energy to tackle and resolve a bunch of other 'open items' on my to do list. I scheduled several trips and work items, sent out some invoices, and basically whipped through some things that normally would have taken me a lot longer to handle. I have been ON FIRE - all because of one simple request that required me to hustle and spring into action. This energy was contagious to the rest of my life!!

When you feel stuck - look for ONE area where you can take a leap forward. Often this alone will help you build some momentum and make progress in other areas!

Invite the swift kick! It can be a little scary, but it can make all the difference in where we are heading and what we will accomplish!