Thursday, January 28, 2010

Slow Down

"There is more to life than simply increasing it's speed." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

This quote speaks to me on a deep level! I'm very focused on efficiency and productivity. I really like to get lots and lots done. It feels frustrating to me when I am not as productive as I think I should be.

As I get older, however, I'm really trying to learn to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the ride a bit more. I'm learning about 'down time' and am trying to achieve balance.

Ideally, I have all of the following components in each day:

work/vocation
family/friends - socializing/connection
exercise/physical activity
quiet time
household chores
fun
doing something to help others
rest/sleep

I don't always achieve all of these things each day, but it's my goal. The most often neglected are quiet time and fun. I'm committed to changing this!

I think we need quiet time and fun on a regular basis. It's important for our health and well being.

How balanced are you? Are you going at the speed of light all the time? Do you get enough sleep and rest?

Take a look at how balanced or imbalanced you are... and make some corrections!